Okay, before I go any further , I suggest you read my previous post (if you haven’t already) …
Here is the link –https://thegrubbyeater.wordpress.com/2015/09/01/842/
So as promised here are the Detox Tips that I got from the Spring Detox Workshop that I attended this past Saturday. I am a huge fan of detoxing so I hope these inspire you to adopt a healthier lifestyle and join me on my Spring Detox Challenge. It’s all about getting your mind + body together.
- Be more active. Exercise at least 3 times a week
- Breathe. It increases blood circulation.
- Eat your Breakfast every morning
- Go on a cleanse. It can be a 3 day detox or for just 1 day
- Eat healthy fats and lots of fiber
- Don’t starve yourself. Eat your greens, veges and snack on fruits and nuts during the day to keep you going
- Stay hydrated. Drink at least 8 glasses of water
- Drink lots of green tea or even ginger tea in the morning
- Get into the habit of eating better, juicing every weekend and cutting out junk food from your diet
- Eat lots of Kale. You can steam it and eat it raw as a salad. Or you snack on Kale chips during the day (Be aware that kale chips contain tree nuts! I had an allergic reaction to them. So stay away from these if you are allergic to tree nuts!)
- Drink Lemon water every morning
- Incorporate meditation into your life, especially in the mornings to start off your body on a good note
- Go for regular massages
- Join a Nia or Yoga class
- Take a quick 5 minute walk on high stressful days
- Quit sugar, alcohol, smoking , caffeine, dairy. (I’m lactose intolerant so this one is easy, except for the quit alcohol & caffeine part)
- Go out for some retail shopping, or better yet go to the beach for a couple of hours
- Get rid of toxic people and relationships in your life. (easier said than done I know!)
- Get some vitamins and omega oil supplements
- Set a weight loss/eating plan and stick to it!
- Drink wheatgrass shots at least twice a month (you can get these at Kauai)
- Get some zzzz sleep and switch off your phone while you’re at it! Give your body some time to rest.
I hope these help in some way or form. Have a beautiful day dear reader and remember “a healthier you is a better you”.